Enlarged by Madison and Mary Worthington using timber-frame construction, portions of this house were built as early as 1820 by Mary May.
The house's name is derived from the solid poplar tree trunks forming the four Doric columns. Madison and his father, Edward Worthington, both served as early Trustees of Harrodsburg. Madison also served on the Board of Centre College.
350 North College Street
Harrodsburg, KY 40330