James Harrod Trust Historic Paint Program
The Historic Paint Program offers a 30% discount on exterior paint for qualifying historic properties. This project does not dictate quality or type. This is a special incentive thatFort Harrod Color & Supply is offering for historic properties.
- James Harrod Trust (JHT) will take applications on a yearly basis.
- All Projects must be completed within a year.
- The project is for exterior paint projects only.
- Property must be at least 50 years old and/or have local historic designation.
- Property must be located in Harrodsburg or Mercer County, Ky.
- Applicant must be property owner.
- Project may be completed by property owner or licensed contractor.
- Owner of multiple properties may apply for discounted paint for up the
three projects. (A main building and its out buildings would be considered one
- Applications for painting unpainted masonry of structures with local historic
designation may be subject to additional investigations and review to ensure
that historical and architectural significance is preserved.
- Completed application form. (APPLICATION ALSO AVAILABLE AT MERCER
COUNTY ARTS COUNCIL, 120 SOUTH MAIN STREET, & FORT HARROD
COLOR AND SUPPLY,1025 DANVILLE ROAD)
- Photograph of each side of the structure(s) to be painted.
- Photographs will be accepted in any format except slides.
- Completed applications will be reviewed within ten business days of receipt.
Paint prices and information:
- Call or visit Fort Harrod Color and Supply to obtain prices, colors, and quality
to obtain the right paint for your project. You must receive a certificate from
the JHT to qualify for this discount.
Fort Harrod Color and Supply
1025 Danville Road
Harrodsburg, KY 40330